Local Seo Optimization For Your Business – SEO is a powerful weapon to dominate and even create its own market share for a business. Especially for startup businesses, the use of professional SEO and websites is mandatory.
But efforts to achieve it would require great effort. To begin with, sometimes companies will use local SEO techniques for their website.
The use of local SEO in efforts to optimize a website is usually chosen so that services or work are focused on one place first before spreading to various places. In addition, in terms of working on SEO, it becomes easier because the level of competition is lower.
Local SEO optimizes websites to increase traffic, leads and brand awareness on local searches. The local definition here is a specific location that is smaller in scope than the state. Usually, a city, or maybe a state if in a federal country.
Local Seo Optimization For Your Business
The use of local SEO techniques usually uses the city where the business is located when determining the keywords to optimize for. Like the keyword ‘SEO Jogja services’ for the journaluniversity.com website when it was first optimized. Shows the name of the place, in this case, the name of the city which shows local SEO characteristics.
Why is Local SEO Important?
Why do you need to build a business with local SEO website optimization? There are several reasons why local SEO is so important for your business.
- 46% of all searches on Google have a local search objective
- 29% of all Google SERPs contain results that show local results
- 76% of consumers who search for local businesses on their mobile visit a store that very day
The data above illustrates that local search is a big part of the SEO world. And if you can get your local business featured in the top-ranking SERPs, there’s a good chance consumers will come to you in person.
How Does Local SEO Work?
Actually, the way local SEO works is the same as other SEO techniques, but local SEO takes location into account. When someone performs a search, Google starts indexing to return the best results for that person’s query.
In local SEO, Google uses a different set of ranking factors to rank local search results.
The factors that determine the ranking are:
- The location that person traced
- NAP Quotation (Name, Address, and Telephone).
- Presence of Google My Business listings
- The keywords used in your Google My Business profile
- Online reviews
- Keywords used in online reviews
- The number of stops at that location
- Share on social media
- Google Maps star rating for business
Tips for Maximizing Local SEO
If you already know what parameters make local SEO have a good ranking, then of course you should immediately maximize your local SEO optimization efforts. Here are tips to make your local SEO a success.
1. Create a Google My Business Account
The most effective way to rank higher on Google Maps while gaining visibility in local Google search results is to create a Google My Business account.
To optimize your profile on Google My Business, you can use the following methods:
- Create a Google My Business account and verify ownership of your business
- Provide accurate and up-to-date information about your business and its location
- Include your company logo, hours of operation, payment methods, products or services you offer, and lots of pictures.
- Encourage your customers to review your business online
- Respond to customer reviews
- Publish posts that may contain special products, events and offers to your Business Profile using the Google My Business dashboard.
For those of you who want to know more about tips on managing journaluniversity.com, please watch the following video until it’s finished. Hope you get useful inspiration.
2. Get Customer Reviews
With lots of positive reviews on the pages that you manage, it also encourages more local customers to buy products or services from you. According to research, 85% of customers trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations.
Here are some tips to encourage customers to leave reviews:
- Ask for a review as soon as they make a transaction with you
- Send an email, WhatsApp or other text after the consumer has made a purchase asking the customer to write a review. But make sure you send these requests to customers who are satisfied with your products and services.
- Respond to existing reviews in a professional manner, thank anyone who reviews, and address complaints posted in reviews
3. Optimize Voice Search
In the future, people will love to search by simply speaking through their smartphones. If a search uses voice search it will use more long tail keywords when performing a voice search compared to a normal search.
Because of this, you should also tailor your content to match the search engine’s voice search queries. If a potential customer uses voice search to ask you what hours your business is open, this information should also be available on your page.
4. Create Local Content
If you focus on local businesses, of course, you have to create content that includes local things. It’s a way to attract the attention of customers that you find in local businesses.
You can use the following strategies:
- Write blog posts about local news, activities, or events
- Create videos about local causes or agendas that your business supports
- Setting up location-specific web pages on your website with high-quality local content
You can create different pages, one for each of your locations, where you can feature content about local news, events, or other things. This strategy can also help you get ratings for each location.
5. Mobile Friendly Website
Various data show that internet trends have shifted significantly from computers or PCs to gadgets. This fact confirms that you should optimize your website for mobile. This is important for local SEO.
You can apply the following strategies:
- Make sure the website loads fast
- Use a larger font so that it is easy to read when the web is opened via a gadget
- Use images sparingly, making sure they are a sweetener when someone opens the web on a mobile screen
- Ensure intuitive UI for a pleasant UX. Use a simple website design.
6. Local Keyword Research
You should filter your keyword searches by location so you get an idea of the popular search terms for a given area. This will allow you to build a list of locally relevant keywords to target. Once you’ve found the keywords in question, make sure the local keywords are applied to site meta content, article content, and URLs.
Include mention of region-specific landmarks in your content. For example, if your business is located near the Malioboro area, Yogyakarta, you can mention it with the words ‘only a few minutes from Malioboro’.
7. Use Location Specific Pages
If your business is located in a number of different places, you may want to create location-specific pages. Certain pages of this site must provide the following information as a minimum:
- Service opening hours
- Name, address and telephone number
- Parking availability
- Google maps
When you have created multiple pages for different locations then you need to create unique content for each page in that location.
8. Take Advantage of Online Business Directories
Some of the popular online business directory sites in Indonesia include Bing Places For Business, Yellow Pages American, and many more. These directories help improve your local SEO and can also increase your business’ visibility online.
When you enter your company in the business directory, then you have to do the following trick:
- Add an accurate business name, address and phone number
- Posting backlinks to your website
- Thorough explanation of your business
9. Focus on High Quality Backlinks
Backlinks pointing to your site are the most important factor for localized, organic SEO results. It’s important to get as many links as possible to improve your local SEO, but the quality of the backlinks is also important. To create quality backlinks, the discussion is already in another article on this blog.
10. Create Custom Web Pages for Each Product or Service
We recommend that you create one page for each unique product or service that you offer. If you consolidate all of your services onto one page, then search engines are more likely to see your brand as having authority in one particular area. This can lower your ranking in the SERPs.
Just like a business that starts with small capital, the SEO process will grow from a small reach first, then into a bigger reach. This is not only related to the capital needed, but also the effectiveness of SEO itself. With local SEO you can focus on one area first.