How to Ask for Donations to Rich People – The rich people of the world don’t spend their money on luxury. In fact, many of them are busy setting up charities.
A donation has become one of the mandatory activities for the rich. If they are very rich, they can set up their own institutions. But what about those who don’t? Of course, they are still generous.
Rich people don’t just donate or donate their money. They have some special “conditions” to be willing to donate a certain amount of money to the institution. Some of the most common are:
- They will donate their money to charity or fundraising events that share the same vision and goals.
- In other words, they choose something that can show their true character to the world.
- Rich people will be very interested in change efforts.
- They do not hesitate to donate to institutions that want to make changes, make something different, and have never been done before.
- The generosity of the rich will increase if they find a charity that matches the self-concept they created.
Donations or charities are not always in the form of money. In general, there are three forms of donation that are commonly made, both by the rich and by people from the lower classes.
- Money Donation. A monetary donation is usually given to raise funds, support something, or help a loved one.
- Good Donation. Goods are meant here in the form of goods and services. A person can provide food for an event or goods for a building project.
- Donations like this are usually made by companies. It doesn’t have to be in the form of goods or money, volunteering is a form of donation in the form of energy. Rich people are willing to sacrifice some of their time to do good in the community.
While rich people like to donate their money, it is not easy to get them to donate.
How to Ask for Donations to Rich People
If you are involved in a fundraising or charity project, the rich will definitely be your main target for donating. Here are the steps you can take before applying for donations from these people.
- Planning Fund
Before looking for a donor, make a fundraising plan that is really mature. Make the proposal as attractive as possible, and make clear goals and vision-mission about fundraising or events that will be held. You also have to be good at everything because donors want to know more about your event.
- Create a Donor List
The second step you have to do is create a list of potential donors. If you plan to raise funds door-to-door, then determine in advance where you are going to start. Meanwhile, if you want to make a donation to a company, make a list of companies to be addressed.
It would be even better if the company has a CSR program that fits your event. If the donation can provide positive feedback for the company, it is certain that they will make a big contribution.
- Approaching Prospective Donors
Asking people to donate a certain amount of money certainly can’t be done easily. If you belong to a charitable organization that has experience with donors, you can adopt one of the methods used in the past to win over potential donors.
One thing you need to know, philanthropists or company officials usually have their own staff to organize donations and contributions to the community. In this case, you will most likely not meet the benefactor in person. But you should still try to win over their staff because they are there to share the vision and goals of the philanthropists they represent.
- Find the Best Way to Showcase Your Organization
As explained above, rich and generous people are more interested in donating their money to organizations or events that share their vision or self-concept. Therefore, find the best way to present your organization.
What issues is your organization’s primary focus on, what is the purpose of the event or fundraiser, and how your organization can make a difference? One more important thing that you should not miss: what benefits will benefactors get if they donate to your organization?
Don’t forget to bring a copy of your attractive proposal with you when you make your presentation. Make sure you can attract benefactors in various ways.
- Practice Presentation
Good preparation will increase your confidence. before actually giving a presentation to the company or individual you are targeting donors for, practice over and over again.
Compose good and interesting words, and understand very well the vision and mission of your organization, the purpose of holding a charity event, and why you chose them as potential donors.
Your appearance during a presentation has a huge impact on whether a person or company wants to donate or not.
Making donations, donating most of the money, to setting up their own charities is the most common way for the rich to donate their money.
That’s why big companies and rich people are the main targets in every fundraising event. But they are not reckless and only make donations. They tend to choose to donate to events or organizations that share the same vision and self-concept.
That’s an article on how to ask rich people to donate, hopefully, it will be useful for all of you. Do you want to be a recipient of a donation or to make a donation?